1. – Getcha some swanky eyeglasses for the price of a bean burrito. (Unless you are legally blind without your contacts or specs, then it’s more like the price of 49 bean burritos. I can’t decide what I want more … neat eyeglasses or 49 delectable loaves of beans and cheese.) Credit: Bryn and Rachel
2. – Live off the local organic lands without leaving the confines of your cave. Fresh produce can be delivered weekly, bi-weekly or monthly at a competitive price. Be aware that you don’t choose the produce, it chooses you. Ok, actually the season is the dictator in terms of the contents of each delivery. A handy description of every veggie/fruit is included so you can impress your friends by naming all edible material in their salad come suppertime. Credit: Cdubs
3. – Feeling saddlebaggie? Download this app to your phony device and take it with you whilst you practice your startled deer impression on the streets. It will track distance, speed/pace, time and calories burned. Then you can upload it to the website to track your progress. Make sure you check your privacy settings though – unless you want it posting your running business for the world to see via twitter and/or Facebook. Credit: moi.
4. – Good selection of unique flowers and plants in Logan Square. Please note that if the world laughs in flowers, you’re constantly the butt of the world’s jokes. Credit: Logan Circle
5. – Looking for a place to eat tonight? Something casual? Something fun? Something toothsome? Something expensive? Something in your neighborhood? Something in his neighborhood? Go here. Credit: Google.
6. – Too busy to read the news? Too ADHD to listen to NPR? Too lazy to care, but you’re worried you’ll be ridiculed if someone asks and you have no idea what is going on in the world? Use the Cheat Sheet. Works like a charm. Credit: moi.
7. – How do people always seem to find these hilarious Youtube vids before you!? This site posts every golden video goose on the interwebs. Impress your friends and eliminate boredom and/or the weeknight blues. Credit: Cdubs.